SOLAS requires one of these markers to be mounted on...
SOLAS requires one of these markers to be mounted on each Bridgewing attached to a 4kg lifebuoy.Produces dense orange smoke for 15 minutes and 2 lights burn at 2 candela for 2 hours minimum.Signals location of a man overboard by day or night.
Mounted in it's steel bracket on each Bridgewing attached to a lifebuoy. Signal can be mounted upto 60m above sea level. (SOLAS only requires>30m).In event of a man overboard emergency, the marker is automatically deployed by releasing the attached 4kg lifebuoy and marks position of the casualty. Or signal can also be manually deployed.
* Height: 453mm (17.83 ins)
* Diameter: 275 mm (10.83 ins)
* Weight: 4.7 kg (10.36 lbs)
* Weight - including bracket: 6.7 kg (14.77 lbs)
* Lamps (bulbs): 2 x 2.4v 1.2A
* Operating temp range: -1ºC - +30ºC
* Storing temp range: -30ºC - +65ºC
* Burning time: 15 minutes* Colour of light: white
* Duration: 2 candela for 2 hours
* Use with lifebuoy weighing: 4.0 kg (8.82 lbs)
* Attach to lifebuoy with line: 4m (13ft) long, 9.5mm (0.37 ins) diameter